27 July 2009

Henry Louis Gates Jr: You know that white cop was racist, and so are other whites who challenge me...

...that label doesn't fit me when I trash Clarence Thomas...

When I visited my parents last week, I asked them about the arrest of Henry L. Gates Jr. First off, I must admit that my parents aren't politically active, and they generally believe anything coming from the Obamedia. They echoed the president's remarks that the Cambridge police sergeant acted irresponsibly, and recalled their bout with racial discrimination during their tenures at Robins Air Force Base. If I were not privy to the facts of the incident, as my parents were, I could easily draw the same conclusion. The fact is, it was "Skip" Gates who was guilty of racial profiling, not Sgt. Crowley (who bears no resemblance or relation to Sgt. "Pepper" Anderson's supervisor on Police Woman).

Mickey Kaus, of Slate Magazine, talks about how Skip immediately began stereotyping the police officer. He refused to answer the officer's questions, and did very little, if anything, to convince the officer that he was not breaking and entering a man's house. If he had cooperated with the officer, this matter would have been settled. Obviously, Gates can't let go of his ridiculous idea that anything involving "whitey" is racist. He had no evidence that the officer was racist, he thought by calling him one, it would force the officer to back down. Glenn Loury believes this incident is proving US Attorney General, Eric Holder, right...we are a "nation of cowards," in terms of racial issues.

That remark was celebrated throughout the black community, because they felt the target of Holder's statement were whites, who couldn't get over the election of the US's first black president. With that in mind, Holder's remark could cut the other way as well. Blacks, and other minorities, often believe that any adverse action against them has some basis in racism. Loury brings up the acquittal of the police officers in the Sean Bell case, and like the Gates' arrest, could have been avoided if the perpetrator acted differently. Bell, who was at a club being investigated for prostitution, was seen leaving the club after one of the men accompanying Bell, got in an argument with a woman inside the club. The men were confronted by a plain clothes police officer, who ordered Bell to raise his hands. Bell, in turn, accelerated the car and hit another police officer and an unmarked police van. The officers fired at the car, killing Bell. It didn't occur to anyone, who said that the NYPD's actions were "excessive," that Bell's actions played a vital part in that action. I recall Randi Rhodes going off on the police because she thought an innocent black kid had been murdered by racist cops.

In a shocking development, HotAirPundit has unearthed a video from April 1996, where Henry "Skip" Louis Gates rails against Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich (R-GA). I'm not sure how Justice Thomas is a "hypocrite," but I'm willing to guess it has to do with Thomas' conservative inclinations, which Obama and Gates view as sucking up to "whitey." In his disastrous presser last Wednesday, the president claimed that Sgt. Crowley acted "stupidly," (this was before Obama knew the facts of the case, which isn't surprising considering how he's good at talking out of his ass) causing many to cry "foul." Obama, relying on his old, tried, and true strategy, gave a speech, giving a non-apology apology to Sergeant Crowley. As Brit Hume said on FNC's Fox News Sunday, this is a man who goes around apologizing for the United States, but couldn't bring himself to apologize for being presumptuous about this issue.

I, like anyone else, has had run-ins with the police. I remember New Year's Day 2006, when my parents sent me on an errand. On my way back to their house, I was being trailed by a Warner Robins police cruiser. I paid no attention to it, and we later met at a stop light. I reached over to change the CD in the car's CD player, causing me to readjust my seatbelt, which I had been wearing the entire time. The officer stopped me for not wearing a seatbelt, but I told the officer what had happened, and he started accusing me of being disorderly (which, if you met me in person, you'd see how that assertion was absurd on its face). I backed down, and accepted my citation. The charges were later dismissed, but had I acted hostile to the police officer, that situation could have ended badly. Later I found out that the city had been experiencing a rash of burglaries in the area and at the time, I had an out-of-state tag.

A commenter at the blog, Sweetness & Light, believes Gates was not calling the officer a racist, but was blinded by his own elitism. I believe that may also be plausible. Sometimes the elites, no matter what race they are, tend to think they're smarter than the rest of us imbeciles...

Have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment